Friday, March 4, 2011

A little more about me

Hi, my name is Kristina-Reina.
Hola, mi nombre es Kristina-Reina.
Hallo, mijn naam is Kristina-Reina.


I speak 3 languages fluently.  I was born in Puerto Rico to a Puerto Rican mom and a Dutch father.  I am the only girl out of 6 kids.  Yeah, dating was basically non-existent when I was growing up.  My dad named me Kristina and my mom gave me the name Reina (which means Queen in Spanish), since I was the only girl and the youngest everyone called me "La Reina"; "Reinita"... so Reina has just stuck with me all my life my dad is pretty much the only one who calls me Kristina, but my closest friends/family will call me Reina.   My parents split up when I was young so I split time between Cocoa Beach/Miami, FL and Cypress, Ca.  My parents always made sure we kept our Dutch and Spanish in tip top shape only speaking those languages at home and for that I am thankful now.  I spent my first year at college at UC Berkeley, but it just wasn't for me, I basically hated it even before I started the fall semester (Summer bridge), it's a great school and everything, I did meet wonderful people there, but the school/atmosphere/some people weren't for me. So I transferred to UT Austin, Go Longhorns! I absolutely loved it there.  It may be Texas but Austin is the most liberal and most beautiful places in Texas.  After graduating I followed my college sweetheart to Denver (where he was from)....needless to say it didn't work out, so I took a year off and went to live/work in Puerto Rico for a year.  Soon after I came to live with my dad in Cypress for a little bit until I found a job in San Diego and I've been working (software engineer) here ever since '09 and I love it, there's so much to do in this city and I only life a block away from the beach!!  I would like to travel more I have been to the Netherlands and Belgium quite often but never explored the rest of Europe.  I would love to do it some day.  I have been to the Caribbeans (Mexico included) a few times, but what people in Florida haven't taken a plethora of cruises down there.  It's like Disneyland to Californians.  I'm not sure what the future holds for me, I am single right now and working on me, I gave so much up for a person that I completely lost myself so I am enjoying life as much a possible.  I have a great relationship with my whole family.  I love my job, sports, especially college football, good food, wine, MUSIC (I'll start a music blog soon), olives, garlic pickles and running (not really, but I have to burn off all the calories I eat everyday).  That's all for now, if you have any questions please feel free to ask away, I am an open book....The picture is from life in Puerto Rico, miss those days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment